Thursday, August 7, 2008

How was Colombia?

Honestly, absolutlely fantastic. It's probably not a big secret that Morocco was something of a disappointment for me. And I'm sure that someone will give me hell for saying this, but Morocco was great - except for the Moroccans. Which is why Colombia has been such an antidote for me: the Colombian people are curious, and sweet, and clever, and determined and warm and wonderful. Colombia has no Macchu Picchu, no Igazu Falls, no Galapagos. But it's lovely, varied, interesting, and dymanic nonetheless. Muchos gracias, Colombia, for not just showing me your wonderful country, but for restoring my faith in the goodness of people, travel, and the world.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

People are warm and wonderful to the warm and wonderful...glad the travels were all that you expected and that you are home safely.

R